Holiday let Advertising & Booking Service - Vale of Belvoir

Advertise & booking service - £ 34  plus vat  per booking !

You only pay for the bookings  & there is no set up cost.

Landlord Direct have on a nationwide basis been reducing landlord's letting costs  for over 20 years . We bring this same ethos to the holiday lettings market, &  can now offer a bespoke service for holiday let owners.  We are very experienced in the short stay and holiday let market.  Our bookings team are ready to get your holiday cottage fully up to speed, whilst reducing your costs when compared with most competing local or national holiday let agents.


We advertise your short stay let on powerful holiday letting websites:

 Your short stay let will be advertised selectively on major holiday letting websites.  We ' Channel Manage'  these different commission bearing marketing websites building in their commissions into the tariffs charged to the guests, so no advertising costs falls onto you, the landlord.



Landlord Direct is a properly regulated 'Safe Agent', and our letting systems and letting agreements are by  Landlord Law  - high profile  property lawyers. We work closely with you to make sure we understand your requirements, and speak to your potential holiday guests to check their suitability. 

Increase the yields from your holiday lets, by using proven professional services bringing realistic pricing to holiday short stay.

 Booking Service Order Form


No hassle, we handle the booking administration and payments for you:


How Does It Work ?

Landlord Direct is not an automated booking system we are real people running a very busy letting service, just like a traditional holiday let company. We are here to assist holiday cottage owners with all aspects of their holiday let.

Landlord Direct have the perfect availability, booking and payment service designed to dramatically reduce the cost of letting your holiday home / short stay serviced property.


Step 1

Availability Booking Webpage For Your Property:

We create a webpage for your holiday let, we personalise this as much as possible to reflect the attractiveness of your property. 

Your webpage will also display a ' master availability calendar '  let us know any dates you have booked for your own use and we will book off these dates as unavailable.

               see example


Booking Calendar:

Included on your webpage will be a Holiday Let Calendar that shows the prices and availability for your bookings.

Email or telephone enquiries link through to the Landlord Direct Lettings Office, and our staff handle these booking enquiries on your behalf.

We stick to your letting criteria, your do’s and don’ts…… We have a full consultation with you, we list the services you include with your cottage on your booking page, and also the ones you prohibit, so our booking staff can refer to your booking criteria at all times.



Step 2      

Advertising Your Short Stay Property

We will list your short stay property on powerful holiday let websites. We will utilise these commission bearing marketing websites building in their commissions into the tariffs charged to the guests, so no additional costs falls on the landlord.

Our own local website also attract leads especially from business clients    see more



Step 3           

We take all booking enquiries and book up your property on a legally binding Holiday Letting Agreement. Landlord Direct use Landlord Law , high profile property lawyers to draw up all their agreements.

Step 4           

We take advance booking fees, balances due 6 week prior to the booking start dates, and breakage deposits if stipulated We take payments by Visa or other Debit Cards or by bank transfer.


Step 5

We arrange payments due to you monthly along with a statement of account. We are a registered 'Safe Agent' all client monies held are protected by client money protection insurance.

              Safe Agent



Please send us some pictures of your holiday cottage by using our image uploader 

Our image upload will automatically resize your photos and then email them to us.


For further information please contact Landlord Direct 

Tel: 0845 602 2505 please ask to speak to our director Mark Hutchings.



Need An Energy Performance Certificate - Legal Requirement

All holiday cottages must now have an EPC Energy Performance Certificate, they typically cost around £60 and last for 10 years.

See National database

Need Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Alarms Fitting - Legal Requirement

All let property must now have a smoke / heat detector fitted to each floor, so if 2 Storey you need one alarm on the ground floor and also the first floor landing. If you have a solid fuel burner or fire you must have a Carbon Monoxide detector fitted at your holiday let. Get these alarms checked at least annually and change the batteries.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates - Legal Requirement

Whether Calor or Mains gas, it is a legal requirement for holiday cottage owners to obtain a 'Landlord Gas Safety Certificate' carried out by a Gas Safe engineer annually.

Electrical Certification & PAT Testing

We would recommend that you obtain a 5 year periodic electrical certificate for your holiday let, and arrange for all portable electrical items PAT tested annual. 

Open Fires & Log Burners

Make sure all flues and chimneys are swept at least annually and keep the receipt or certificate. Visually check the condition of log burner flue seals and arrange for repairs of you feel they may need resealing. An air vent in an external wall in the same room as the log burner should be in place, and a carbon monoxide alarm as mentioned above. If you intend letting your property to families we would suggest that you supply a fire guard to open fires and log burners.

Fire Risk Assessment

Landlord Direct will help you write a fire risk assessment for your holiday let if it is a standard holiday cottage this should be a straight forward matter.

Holiday Let Insurance

Holiday let property must have a specialist insurance policy in place, general buy to let insurance is unlikely to cover the holiday let 'short stay' use. There are therefore specialist insurance brokers out there who are set up to secure you the correct insurance policy on good terms. Apart from insuring the actual fabric of the building, these policies protect cottage owners against Public Liability claims, absolutely essential when you have paying guests staying.

J.L. Morris are a very established insurance brokers that specialise in self-catering holiday let insurance and have many clients in North Norfolk, email JL Morris for advice.

Professional Photos

With modern cameras it does not always seem necessary to employ a professional photographer to take pictures of your holiday let property. However we would very strongly recommend that you use a professional photographer who will have the correct back lighting, wide angled lenses and softening filters that get those Wow factor photos! 

Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 - Keep Records Of Your Bookings

The Immigration Order places a legal duty on all owners or the managers of all serviced and self-catering accommodation to keep a record of the name of all guests over the age of 16 years old and to take a note of their on-going destination usually their home address, for at least 12 months. The Landlord Direct booking service is designed to capture this needed information and we keep appropriate records.

The Equality Act 2010 

Although some holiday cottage owners do not allow pets, under the Equality Act all holiday cottage owners cannot refuse a booking from a registered blind person accompanied by their guide dogs. Further the act states owners should do anything that is practically reasonable to assist a disabled guest.

Bunk Beds Regulations

prohibit the supply of bunk beds which could cause a child to be injured or killed, as a result of their becoming wedged or trapped. A bunk bed must not have any: • gap in the bed base greater than 75mm (approx. 3”) • gap elsewhere which is less than 60mm (approx. 2.5”) or more than 75mm Any gap permitting access to the raised bunk should only be in the safety barrier on one of the long sides of the bed, and be of a minimum width of 300mm (12”). Note: The safety of mattresses is discussed separately in the section on upholstered furniture. By means of simple measurement, you should be able to make sure whether a bunk bed satisfies the ‘gap’ requirements detailed above. If you are in any doubt about a particular gap size, you should contact your local Trading Standards Service to arrange for more accurate measurements to be made with a special probe. The general safety of bunk beds can be simply tested by checking for such things as stability, rigidity, sharp edges etc. Some bunk beds may also be marked with a British Standard number. This is currently BS EN 747

Furniture Regulations

Most holiday cottage owners will by new furniture and soft furnishings which will have to meet up to date regulations, however older furniture should always be checked

Legionella Checks

“someone who rents out a building or accommodation” including holiday cottage owners have a responsibility to prevent and risk control exposure to Legionella.

The best solution is to pay a specialist contractor to carry out a Risk Assessment. If it reports a low risk it is unlikely you will need to re-assess annually perhaps every 5 years or of there is a material change


Most holiday cottage owners, will not derive a turnover of more than  £ 82,000 per year , and so will not have to charge V.A.T.


Occupancy Rules

To qualify as a furnished holiday let, your cottage must be advertised and available to let for at lease 210 days per annum.


Holiday Let Agreement